Attention all CEC students! You have one month left to participate in the sixth annual CCRSB Teen Reader's Choice Award. Participants are encouraged to read one or more of these books and discuss the titles on an online forum with other CCRSB students. Voting for your favourite book from this list will take place until June 2nd. A winner will be announced on June 13th. Students will be able to vote electronically online or in the library by paper ballot.
In addition to in-person discussions, and the TRCA blog, CCRSB is introducing the hashtag #TRCA2017 this year to further build the conversation around literature. Students are encouraged to use the hashtag when voicing their thoughts and opinions of these books online.
During the June 13th awards ceremony a draw will be held with the prize being the Kane Chronicles Trilogy by Rick Riordan. Also included in the prize package are two Kane Chronicles collectible posters. This ceremony will take place at noon time (12 p.m.) in the library. Students must participate in the TRCA to be eligible for the draw.
This year's top ten books are as follows:
- All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely
- Audacity by Melanie Crowder
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E. K. Johnston
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge
- The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
- We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin